The APA Report Card
A unique and cost-effective evaluation of your thesis
or dissertation’s overall adherence to APA Style.
You’ve worked hard for months to complete your manuscript.
Are you asking yourself these questions?
“Is my APA formatting correct?”
“Is my writing clear and strong?”
“Are my APA references and citations done correctly?”
“Have I omitted anything or done anything wrong?”
“Is my paper ready to submit?”
“How can save on editing costs?”
If so, you’re not alone. We’ve created our APA Report Card with you in mind,
to give you definitive answers to these important questions.
What’s included in an APA Report Card?
With 10 major sections, we’ve got you covered.
Here’s a taste of what we evaluate:
Appendix citations, appendix lettering, personal information, treatment of tables and figures
Front matter, abstract, heading levels and formatting, numbered and bulleted series
Punctuation, spelling, capitalization, italics, abbreviations, numbers, mathematical copy
Find out how your paper fares on 100 aspects of
APA Style and careful academic writing.
Who is the APA Report Card designed for?
I WANT TO KNOW WHERE I STAND
- “A lot is riding on this manuscript. I want to be sure it’s as close to perfect as possible before submitting.”
I WANT TO SAVE ON EDITING
- “I’m confident I can make my own changes and cut down on how much I spend on editing.”
I HAVE TIME BEFORE SUBMISSION
- “I have enough time before submission to review the results and make changes.”
How It Works
Our APA Report Card is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Submit Your Paper
Sign up and submit your paper for our trained editors to review. We rate whether your paper meets, almost meets, or does not meet each of 100 aspects of APA Style and academic writing.
Review Your Results
We’ll email your report card within two business days. You’ll see how your paper scored on each item, in each section, and overall. In minutes, you’ll know exactly what needs to be revised or improved.
Make Your Revisions
Armed with knowledge, you can now revise your paper with more confidence to bring any items that scored poorly up to standards. Upon completion, we recommend you submit your revised paper for a quote as a way of double-checking your work.
Our APA Report Card will be ready soon!
Join our mailing list to eat up the great bite-sized content we're dishing out!
Brilliant! These tips are well thought out. I particularly like the examples and additional references. Keep them coming, Editarians!
Jose Zaldivar, MBA
Senior Business Analyst, Eureka iTech
Thank you! Please check your inbox. The laws say you must double opt-in to confirm your subscription.
Report Card FAQs
How long does it take to get a report card?
We expect we’ll have your results back to you within two business days. Take as much time as you’d like afterwards to review the results and make improvements.
How exactly does it work?
Sign up above and follow the instructions in our email to submit your completed (or nearly complete) thesis or dissertation. We review your paper, rate it on each item, and email you the results in a personalized report. You’ll see how your paper scored on each item, in each section, and overall. You’ll know exactly what needs to be revised or improved. In addition to your report, we’ll email you a short survey to get your feedback on the process and the report card itself. You can choose to respond in writing or in a short telephone interview. The report is yours to keep.
Is an APA Report Card right for me?
Our report card has been designed with a certain client in mind:
- You want an honest assessment of how well your paper meets APA. You may not have a Publication Manual, so you don’t know what you might have overlooked.
- You want to do as much work as possible on your own to save on editing costs. You just need to be pointed in the right direction.
- You are detail-oriented and feel confident you could take our advice and apply it throughout your paper.
- You have the time (and inclination!) before submission to implement any changes and, if necessary, also get a professional edit. We recommend at least two weeks.
If any of the following characteristics apply to you, we recommend skipping the assessment, not passing go, and heading straight for our editing services:
- You are short on time. Edits need to be done quickly.
- You are a big-picture thinker and tend not to “see” the details.
- The thought of doing any more work on your thesis makes your head spin. You want everything to be right, but you don’t want to be the one poring over every page.
Will I still have to pay for editing if I get a report card?
Whether your paper needs professional help after you get a report card depends on (a) how well you score and (b) how efficient you are at implementing our advice. Upon completing your revisions, we recommend you submit your paper for a quote as a way of double-checking your work. It’s free and there’s no obligation. Clients who have taken the time to improve their paper based on their report card results can dramatically reduce the amount of editing time needed.
I'm sick of looking at this paper. Can you just help me get it done?
If you don’t have the time or the desire to do any more work on your own, you’re not alone. When you are too close to a manuscript, sometimes it’s simply more expedient to hand it off to the experts. That’s us! Our comprehensive editing services have got you covered. Send us your file for a quote to get started.